tap with ellie
From shaking in my shoes at the audition to flapping my way into the spotlight, Ellie has opened my eyes and ears to the wonderful art of Tap dancing. I am so grateful that I got to learn a few steps from this amazing artist. – Troy Mullin, Central Michigan University
Discover the magic of making music with your feet!
Ellie is passionate about creating a fun and joyful experience for students through exploration of tap as a unique art form.
Her knowledge of tap technique, passion for teaching, and experience as a massage therapist come together to shape her approach to dance. Ellie encourages her students to think carefully about how the body moves through space, and how this movement impacts the sound that will magically come through their feet.
Highlights of Ellie’s career:
- Creator of “Sole Stories” – a website devoted to celebrating and honoring female tap dancers, both past and present
- Founder and president of Taps Are Talking, Inc., a 501(c) 3 organization with the mission of promoting, marketing and producing tap dance events
- Producer, co-choreographer and performer in Taps Are Talking: Women In Tap, a multi-media production about female tappers
- Teacher and guest artist for 30 years both nationally and internationally, including universities, festivals, and performing arts schools
- Performed on stage, television and toured in the US and Europe
- Currently working to bring tap and stories to the screen through a feature film
Find and experience your inner tap dancer while falling in love with the art!